Two Ways to Help & Spend Time with Animals
We have two levels of ways to visit and help. Please read about each level below to see what you are interested in. Visitors mainly will be providing attention to the cats in our facility. While Volunteers will be more hands on and must first go through an application and training process. See below for more information and details. We suggest that you come for a visit before you start the process of applying to participate in our volunteer program to be sure it is what you are interested in doing.
We love to have people come visit the farm. We are open for tours and visitors 7 days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s). We request that you make an appointment in advance so that we are sure to have a staff person available to show you around. Appointments for Tours can be made for times between 10am – Noon, and 2pm – 3pm daily.
Regular visitors can come without an appointment, once they have been given a tour and a review of the guidelines needed to be followed for the well-being of our animals and the safety of our visitors. Visitors are welcome daily from 10am – 4pm.
Visitors can do several things while in our facility, including:
- Socialize with the cats – this is an important contribution to their happiness and enrichment
- Read to the cats and other animals – See more on our Purrfect Reader’s Program for kids page.
- Enjoy a walk through the gardens
- Sit out in good weather and read or do artwork in the gardens
- Visit the barn/farm animals (but with limited interaction.)
As of May 1, 2019, we have revamped our Volunteer Program. We hope to be much more able now to utilize the skills and gifts that you can bring to our organization and animals as well as provide you with a valuable opportunity for learning and spiritual enrichment by being around the amazing animals and nature in our sanctuaries. We now have a more structured process for our volunteers to go through so that we can better match what you have to offer with the needs of our animals and organization as a whole. We look forward to getting to know you and to working together. We value your time and dedication and hope you get as much back from us as you are giving to help with our mission. Together we can touch a lot of lives and you will be a part of a mission that is much bigger than all of us.
We have many volunteer opportunities available, Including:
- Working in the small animal facility
- Working in the large animal facility/barn – this would primarily include cleaning but little or no work with the horses and farm animals
- Working on our grounds with Gardening and/or Landscaping
- Working in our Nature Sanctuary
- Working in our Office with various projects
- You can also approach us about other areas where you have skills/interests to see if we have a need for that in our organization
Community Service Fulfillment
We do accept community service volunteers; however, we will require several things from the participating student to be considered for placement. First, we take community service placements very seriously. This requirement has been put into place by the schools in order to give students a sense of helping others through community service and also teaching them about responsibility. Community service placements at Spring Farm CARES will be welcome for those students willing to participate in the program with that understanding and goal in mind. Students cannot just come sit in a cat room and pet cats and then ask us to sign their form stating that they volunteered their required hours. We have a specific program set up for our community service volunteers so that they are also learning something while they are here with us.
Community Service Placement Requirements:
- Students will be required to contact us directly to apply for their placement.
- The application form can be filled out below, but then we will need to speak to the student directly to arrange a time for their volunteer hours to begin, if their application is approved upon review.
- Please note that requests for community service hours must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks in advance to be considered for placement.
At this time, we cannot accommodate Court appointed Community Service.
Our Volunteer Process
The first step is to fill out a volunteer application (below). All applications will be considered and could take up to 4 weeks to process. If there are volunteer positions available in your area of interest, we will then contact you to come in for a tour/meet and greet with us. If you further then wish to pursue volunteering with us, we will then schedule an orientation meeting. You will be given a copy of our Volunteer manual and we will then set up a schedule with you as to when you will come. We realize your time is very valuable and your volunteering is greatly appreciated by all of us.
To apply for a Volunteer position at Spring Farm CARES, please fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.