Art Contest – May 1 – 31, 2020
Theme: Be Kind to Animals
Who can enter?
Children less than 18 years old can enter. Children must be age 18 or younger on the date their entry is mailed. There may be no help from adults with any part of the piece. Entries are accepted from any country in the world.
Is there an entry fee? There is no fee to enter the contest.
What do I have to draw/write/photograph?
Domestic animals or wildlife. Express creativity and spread the word about being kind to animals.
What media can I use?
Artwork must be two-dimensional, on any size paper that can be mailed and hung on a wall with tape. Entries should not contain any plant or animal materials as a medium (no grasses, seeds, fur, feathers, etc.).
Must I send the original?
Entries mailed in must be the original art, or digitized and e-mailed.
How do I label my entry?
PLEASE WRITE NEATLY or type the information so it is easily legible.
What is the due date?
Entries must be received by May 31, 2020.
Entries must be mailed or emailed.
How many pieces may I enter?
Limit one entry per person.
Siblings may mail their entries together.
Do I get a certificate for entering the contest?
All entries with a legible email address will receive an emailed certificate of participation that may be printed out.
Will I get my art back after the contest?
All entries become the property of Spring Farm CARES and cannot be returned due to the large volume of entries received.
Entries may be used for decoration, fundraising, promotional purposes, or printed materials. By entering the contest, artists acknowledge that their entries will become the property of Spring Farm CARES.
How do I know if my entry wins or is used for something?
Winners will receive an email notifying them they have won by the middle of June. A variety of photos showing a sampling of entries, judging, and entries on display will be posted on our public Facebook page and website. Due to the large number of entries not all artwork will be photographed or displayed, and we cannot notify those that are shown in photographs.
What are the judging criteria?
All properly labeled entries will be judged by a panel.
Judges are looking for:
- innovative presentation
- unusual perspective or viewpoint
- a message or idea that is being conveyed
- skill with the medium appropriate to the age group (although sometimes the significance of the message is more important than the medium)
- colors coordinated or contrasted for emotional impact
- design elements that work together
Entrants will be separated into age categories as follows:
- 0-5 years
- 6-9 years
- 10-14 years
- 15-18 years
What are the prizes?
- 1st place in each category will receive a one-year sponsorship of a Spring Farm CARES animal of his/her choice. A sponsorship includes a poster with the sponsored animal’s photo as well as a message from that animals. Also, the sponsor’s name is placed on our website beside the animal’s bio. ($100.00 value)
- 2nd and 3rd place winners in each age category will be mailed a customized and signed award certificate.
Where do I send my art?
Entries can be emailed to [email protected] or
Entries can be mailed through the postal service to:
Spring Farm CARES
3364 State Route 12, Clinton, New York 13323
What if I have questions?
If you have questions, please email us at [email protected], that is the fastest way to reach us.